CourtCall is a fee based service that allows licensed attorneys and self-represented litigants to participate telephonically from any location in the world. Superior Court Judges and Commissioners at the County City Building may utilize CourtCall as a limited alternative to personal appearances in appropriate cases and situations, upon prior approval from the Court.
Appearances by Telephone
Once your telephonic appearance is approved by the Court, you should contact CourtCall to arrange this service at 1-888-882-6878.
All telephonic appearances are arranged by an independent vendor, CourtCall, and involve a CourtCall fee for each appearance. If you would like to appear by telephone through CourtCall, please review the following specific guidelines when placing your request.
- CourtCall requests are handled on a case by case basis and must be approved in advance by the Judge or Court Commissioner.
- For hearings before the Court Commissioners, CourtCall requests must be in writing and delivered (via mail or personal delivery) to the Commissioners’ Services Department at least three court days by noon prior to the scheduled hearing date. Parties appearing by telephone must send an original Order along with working copies directly to the Commissioners’ Services Department at least two court days before noon prior to the scheduled hearing date.
- For hearings before Judges, CourtCall requests may be made orally to the Judge’s Judicial Assistant at least three court days by noon prior to the scheduled hearing date.
- Parties appearing by telephone must send an original order along with bench copies directly to the Commissioners Department at least two court days by noon prior to the scheduled hearing date.
- The court reserves the right, at any time, to reject any request for a CourtCall appearance.
- If your hearing has been continued (postponed) or cancelled, you must submit another CourtCall request for the new hearing. For rescheduled or continued hearings before a Court Commissioner, you will need to resubmit any working copies and court orders.
Beginning in November, 2014, video appearances are being offered in many departments of the Pierce County Superior Court. Parties may be allowed to appear at their hearing by video as an enhancement to their telephonic appearances. Each court department that allows video appearances has specific guidelines parties must follow. All video appearances are arranged by CourtCall and involve a nominal additional fee for each appearance. To participate by video, you will need access to a computer with internet, a webcam and a telephone.
For more information on video appearances please contact CourtCall at 1-888-882-6878.