North Lake Tapps County Park
North Lake Tapps Park
2022 - 198th Ave. E.
Bonney Lake, WA 98391
About the Park
This popular swimming and boat launch area is located on the north side of Lake Tapps. A largely undeveloped 135 acre site with approximately 10,000 feet of waterfront access including a sandy swimming area. North Lake Tapps County Park offers spectacular views of Mount Rainier to the south and is a great place for kids and adults to swim. The park has several amenities including:
- Barbecue grills
- Beach access
- Boat ramp
- Seasonal concession stand
- Picnic tables
- Park Closure: November 1, 2019 through May 22, 2020
- Beginning May 23, 2020, park hours will be from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. through September, unless otherwise posted.
Normally the lake is not at full capacity until late May. Mid to late September the lake level will begin to lower a foot per day.
- The boat launch is closed through May 22, 2020
- Beginning May 23, 2020, the boat launch will be open 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. unless otherwise posted.
- The boat launch will close again November 2020 - March 2021.
The park is located at 2002 198th Avenue East, off of 12th Street East in Sumner. (map)
Directions From I-5
- Take exit 127 (Puyallup / Mt. Rainier) and head east to Highway 512
- Merge onto WA-167 North towards Seattle
- Take the Stewart Road / 8th Street East exit toward Pacific / Milton
- Turn east (right) onto 8th Street East / Stweart Road SW
- 8th Street East / Stewart Road SW becomes Lake Tapps Parkway East
- Lake Tapps Parkway East becomes 9th Street East
- Go approximately one block to entrance of park
- Take the 166th Avenue East exit and head north (left) on 166th
- Stay on Sumner Tapps Highway as it bends east (right) and turns into 16th Street East. Then it will bend north and turn into 182nd Avenue East
- Turn right on 9th Street East which bends gradually and turns into 12th Street East
- Turn right on 198th Avenue East and go approximately one block to park entrance