COVID-19 Business Updates & Information

Pierce County is Open for Business.

As the COVID-19 outbreak continues to evolve, we’re here to help businesses access the resources and information they need.

Pierce County Back to Work Resource Guide

Click here for the latest info

Donate Supplies or Aid COVID-19 Response

Contact Emergency Operations Center
COVID-19 Business Information & FAQs

Visit Rapid Response South Sound
Small Business Recovery Assistance
COVID-19 Business Info Series Wed. @ 11:00 AM

Join a Call or Listen to a Previous Session 

COVID-19 Business Resources
  1. Financial Assistance
  2. Employers/Employees
  3. Health Guidance 

SBA Coronavirus Relief Programs 

To learn more about other SBA relief options available for your business, click here.

SBA Disaster Loan Customer Service: Call (800) 659-2955 or email

City of Tacoma Resurgence Business Loan

Applications open January 27, 2021. The City of Tacoma will deploy $1.1 million received from the Economic Development Administration as low-interest business loans. The 5-year loans of up to $25,000 require no payments (no principal nor interest) for the first 12 months.

Recovery Assistance for Manufacturers

Impact Washington is inviting Washington based US Small-and medium-sized manufacturers (SME’s) to apply for CARES Act Recovery Assistance funds. These funds provide services that directly support a manufacturer’s ability to recover from the coronavirus. This program is currently paused and applications will reopen on February 26, 2021.

Puget Sound Energy 

  • PSE will keep utility services on during the COVID-19 outbreak. Customers who have been financially impacted by COVID-19 may receive a waiver of late fees and/or deferred payment plans. Click here for more information.

Peninsula Light Co. 

  • Temporarily suspending customer disconnects and may waive late-fees for at least the next month. 253-857-5950, or email

Tacoma Public Utilities

  • TPU customers who are having trouble paying their bills should contact Customer Service at (253) 502-8600 or (800) 752-6745 and ask about extended payment plans.

Washington State Department of Revenue