Contesting Your Impound

If you have received a notice of vehicle impound and want to contest the actual tow or the fees charged by the tow company, you must request a hearing within 10 days from the date you attempted to retrieve or did retrieve the vehicle. To request a hearing you must complete an Impound Petition and Notice of Hearing Form. There is a court filing fee of $83 payable by cash, Visa or MasterCard. File the petition and pay the filing fee at the District Court's Operations Division (CCB):
Room 239
930 Tacoma Ave. S.
Tacoma, WA 98402

What You Will Need

You will need the:
  • Badge number
  • Name of law enforcement agency and the officer's name who authorized the impoundment or the company name
  • Address and name of the party who authorized the impoundment
  • A copy of the tow bill
If the vehicle has been sold, contact the Pierce County Auditor's Office:
2401 S. 35th St.
Tacoma, WA 98402
Ph: (253) 798-7427