1) Introductions: Please include announcements about staff changes, new programs and other interesting “happenings” which will help keep your colleagues in the network informed.
- Share your program brochures with other service providers.
- Business card exchange – bring a “stack” to share.
2) ADR Updates
- Aaron Van Valkenburg, Manager
- ADR updates
- Legislative Session update
- ADRC Events
3) Program:“911 Calls to Tacoma Fire EMS”
Speaker: Mike Newhouse, Assistant Chief, Tacoma Fire Department
Everybody knows to dial 9-1-1 for police, fire or medical emergencies. It’s so engrained in our society that even some 4-5 year olds have called for emergencies. But increasingly the use of 911 has devolved into many other requests that are not appropriate. Those calls hinder response times for legitimate emergencies. Hear stories about incredibly inappropriate calls and the proper use of 911 services. Let’s communicate that message to older adults and people with disabilities.